Tuesday 1 September 2020

I recreated most of my console collection, to scale(ish), using only the power of Google Sheets.

I've always enjoyed creating things within certain constraints.

In this case I decided to try and create an image of most of games machines using only the very limited scope of a spreadsheet.






I gave myself 2 rules for the project:


No using the 'drawing', tools.


No using words, including wingdings; only fills, borders, punctuation, and alt-code shapes were allowed.

I set the page up with a 1cm grid and went with a 2:1 sacle, so each square represents about 2cm square.

I figured this would force creativity without being impossible when I got down to the likes of the Game Boy Micro.

I'm really pleased with most of these. I think the Lynx or Spectrum +2 are my favourite, but I'm disappointed with the Jaguar and the Dreamcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment