Saturday 12 October 2013

Setting the stage...

The project finally has physicality!

Look who was waiting for me when I arrived home from work yesterday!
Isn't she glorious?


My girlfriend said that Helen, the woman who donated this 1996 Gateway 2000 CrystalScan monitor to my cause, seemed to have quite the emotional attachment to it - good job I wasn't there to tell her what happens next...


Really is in very good condition. No where near as much dust as I expected, and none of that greasy kind you get in some appliances.
So here's my top tip if you're freegle-ing - wait a day to get a bunch of offers in, then go for the person who writes in the best English.
Also, Freegle, sooooooo much better than Freecycle. By the time my post had past moderation on Freecycle I'd already had half a dozen offers through a post I made at the same time on Freegle.
And even since it got through that moderation I haven't been contacted by anyone at all through the Freecycle listing.


Really impressed by the resolution it chucks out, If you can't quite make it out on the image it's doing 1280x1024 with a 60hz refresh. Don't really know what I was expecting, but it wasn't that.
Played through a few games to get the colours set up and it looks stunning.


This image illustrates that you shouldn't try and play Afterburner and take pictures at the same time. It also illustrates how great CRT screens are.
Earlier this year I bought a 21" CRT Bang & Olufsen TV from eBay to hook all my retro consoles up to - I really can't stress enough how much better pixel art looks on one these screens compared to any LCD/LED/Plasma.


#MAME #MAME Cabinets #Retrogaming

No comments:

Post a Comment